Tuesday, March 24, 2015

42

I felt that 42 was a very good movie. I really liked it from start to finish. I really liked the actor who portrayed Jackie Robinson. I liked that he wasn't one to put up with bull - he was a fighter, especially in a time of so much racial prejudice. The movie made me feel really inspired, watching someone stand up for what they believe in, in the face of so much fear, to play the game he loved. The movie is very historic, as the event acts as a major catalyst for all future African Americans who want to play ball. Jackie Robinson absolutely helped this country. What he did allowed so many other African Americans to be a part of the beautiful game. So many greats, like Hank Aaron, owe their entire careers to people like Jackie. I agree with Jackie's quote. It is our duty as civilians living in the greatest country on Earth to hold true to our original founding beliefs, which, ultimately, were to be a country where freedom was #1. How can we say that if people like Jackie Robinson wouldn't be allowed to play sports because of the color of their skin? Jackie's values are all extremely prevalent to me, and I have used all of them at one time or another to overcome my own barriers. They are all important, from courage through to excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment