Friday, March 20, 2015

The Godfather

The Godfather is great. It tells the story of the Corleone family, one of five major mob families in New York. I really liked how the story was told from the perspective of the Corleone's, not from the outside. It gave a very interesting perspective on the mafia. The movie made me feel somewhat lucky, I'm glad organized crime isn't as prevalent today as it once was. I've already seen the Godfather, but I still think that it is phenomenal. I really liked Vito Corleone. I feel that he epitomizes the 'mob boss' connotation, and acts as the guardian for the family. It isn't as applicable today, but it still acts as a historic film. Vito Corleone is the moral center of the film, as he is the one that everyone looks up to. He has built up such a reputation, and everyone respects him. Whatever he says goes, and whatever he says is usually very wise. When he died, I felt that a giant passed. He was my favorite character in the movie, and did act as a moral center. It was hard to watch. I absolutely think the film is a classic. No other film can come close to achieving what the Godfather did, through the perspective it was shown in, the great story, the wonderful acting and the reputation it has built up.

1 comment:

  1. Your post certainly doesn't treat the film like a classic. This really isn't your finest hour as your analysis lacks depth. I'd rather you take a little extra time to formulate your ideas instead of offering a number of generalities.

    ReplyDelete