Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cinderella Man

At first, I was extremely skeptical about Cinderella Man. It started off really slowly, so I was uninterested for the first day. Coming back to it, I worried I would be bored and wouldn't like it. I could not have been more wrong. The movie picked up extremely quickly, and I found myself hanging off the edge of my seat by the end of the film. The movie made me feel really lucky, and really motivated. First and foremost, seeing the way people lived in the Great Depression really made me appreciate what I have even more. I couldn't imagine living the way they had to. It also motivated me. Braddock worked so hard to get to where he got, and came out, as an underdog, on top. I will always think of Braddock when I start slacking. I did like the way they portrayed Baer, although it wasn't inaccurate. As if you weren't already pulling for Braddock, the viewer is enthralled with hate, and wants Braddock to smash Baer's face in. It's definitely applicable to today. Work hard and it will pay off. In my opinion, Braddock being the ultimate underdog, in all occasions, is what the people of American loved most. He is a symbol of hope because he started at the bottom, fought off adversity, and ended up on top.

1 comment:

  1. He's a good one to gain inspiration from - particularly when it comes to slacking. Just remember something as you watch films in this class from this point forward - they are not geared solely for entertainment. With that said, you must be patient and take from each of them something, whether big or small. You are expanding your horizons, learning a little more about history, and hopefully being entertained...for the most part.

    ReplyDelete