Sunday, March 1, 2015

War Horse

I thought War Horse was a touching movie, although I didn't love it. I thought it was a little too "hollywood" to empathize with. I liked the story, about how Joey is so strong and constantly defies the odds. I like that his owner loves him so much and will do anything to bring him back. However, I felt that it was unrealistic. The horse and its owner were in immediate danger and near death situations so frequently, the fact that they both survived and met up again later is so unbelievable to me. The movie did make me feel really happy at the end, but there were times throughout the film where I couldn't look. I will remember it as a story about a heroic animal. One thing I did like was the horses first owner, after the one who Joey is taken from initially. He is a very nice man and he truly feels for both Joey and his initial owner, and even draws pictures to send home. I guess, in todays society, one could say that when there's a will, there's a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment